Who am I ?
Let me introduce myself. I am Paul FLORENCE, a Computer Scientist student at the INSA of Toulouse. I will graduate in 2020.
What do I do ?
I take care of managing a local team for the French competition "Coupe de France de Robotique". During the whole year (from September to May) we teach newcomers electronic and informatic while building a new robot. I am involved in the following aspect of the robot :
- Writing the firmware for some of the electronic boards using mbed (we use a stm32f446RE and some PIC33F). This include writing drivers for Herkulex servomotors and writing a lot of documentation.
- Maintaining C++ code for abstracting low level communication using modern practice from C++11, C++14 and C++17 for the core of the robot
- Writing GUI tools to help build and debug the robot, including a logical/physical simulator to test AIs before the robot is built. Those kind of projects allowed me to become confident when writing GTK3 applications.
- Setting up all the tools so that everyone can work confidently. I created a few scripts to automate cross-compilation from x86_64 to arm and some other to automate the process of flashing the nucleo board.
- Writing an Hardware Abstraction Library for stm32f446.
I also manage a huge part of the association which consist of :
- Taking care of the budget.
- Handling the relationship with various sponsors.
- Coordinate everyone's work.
I am a huge Rust enthusiast and I enjoy writing modern C++ code.
I mostly contribute to open source projects such as serialport-rs,clippy and I spend a lot of time updating out of date documentation for various projects. You can take a look at my profile on github to have an overview of my work.
I also have written a few GUIs in python to automate fastidious tasks for non tech users.
On my freetime I administrate servers for different project including game servers, cloud storage (ala dropbox), git servers, etc. using Debian, OpenBSD and FreeBSD.
By mail : firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
PGP Public Key